Monday, January 4, 2010

Origin of the Jason/Jay Project

So I rented Julie & Julia the other day, thinking it'd be an all right movie for a Saturday night. The movie was based on the Julie/Julia Project, a blog where this woman decides to cook every recipe in this other woman's book because her life sucks and she wants to do something important. That's all I remember. She was about 10 recipes in when I found it to be really annoying. I did learn how to cook mushrooms, though. And it inspired me to do something myself.

Here's how it works, I think. I write something every day like Julie, something something something, my life is fulfilled. But once I decided to do something, I had to decide what "something" was going to be. What could I write about? I'm not really that motivated, so I am not going to commit to cooking anything. I don't have the money to buy anything to blog about. And I don't want to put a ton of effort into this thing.

Then, a few nights after watching the movie, I read a fact about Jay Berwanger, the first ever Heisman Trophy winner, and it hit me -- how many people can name the first ever Heisman trophy winner? Shouldn't the world know this? And who is the Heisman named after? Has anyone won it twice?

So there it is. I am going to post a new sports fact/story every day (or every other)! But not just any sports facts -- facts everyone, man, woman or child, should know. You might use one as an anecdote at a party. You might pull one out during a game of Trivial Pursuit. Or, you might not know sports at all, and will use this as your foundation of knowledge. Whatever your purpose, this blog's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment